Saturday, February 8, 2014

Love it or loathe it?


Whether you love or hate the day of roses, chocolate and oversized teddy bears, there is no escaping it all this time of year. Personally, I L-O-V-E Valentine's Day! And not just because I get roses from my boyfriend or that it's a great excuse pig out on chocolate, it is a day to remind your loved ones how much they mean to you. We have Thanksgiving to express our thankfulness and Christmas for giving, but Valentine's is our chance to love. I have always had a soft spot for V-Day, even when I was still single. Call me a hopeless romantic but I love the sappy cards, abundance of hearts, the little chalk heart-shaped candies and the stuffed animals that are as big as a small child.
 


Women absolutely love the surprises they receive on Valentine's Day while men on the other hand are typically only surprised when they wake up and realize it's a holiday from the reminder their woman set on their iPhone. Surprisingly enough, my dad seems to remember V-Day more than my mom's birthday or their anniversary. I love to just walk in Walgreen's or Kroger on V-Day and see the card/floral aisles just completely swamped with husbands/boyfriends buying last minute treats. Men, this is your time to shine! Impress your woman with a nice bouquet of flowers (roses are pricey), get her a little box of chocolates or even just a simple card will suffice.

My most memorable V-Day was my junior year of high school when I had my wisdom teeth removed, nothing about that experience was "lovable" at all. While I was confined to my bed and gauze in my mouth, my friend JD payed me a visit that night with V-Day goodies in tow. That night was spent with me laying helpless in bed with a box of chocolates that I obviously couldn't eat yet, and JD sat on the floor while we watched Semi-Pro. It's just the simple things that are proof enough to show someone how much you care for them. So whether your V-Day will be spent on a date with your significant other or watching rom-coms and stuffing your face with chocolate, don't forget to your loved ones just how much you love them. Love it or loathe it, HAVE A HAPPY HEART DAY Y'ALL!
[pictures courtesy of Pinterest]

  post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment