Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sochi Slips

Sochi...you get a 4 out of 5 for this Olympics

In 2012, I religiously followed the Summer Olympics when they took place in London. I watched events every night after work, watched live feeds on my phone at work, and had an alert sent to my phone whenever we won another medal. However, I cannot say the same about this year's Winter Olympics that are happening right now. Don't get me wrong I love skiing (been doing it since I was three), figure skating, bobsledding, and heck even curling can be exciting. I might not be following these Olympics like my life depended on it but the one thing I have payed attention to is the pictures that arise about everything that is wrong with Sochi.

For starters, I didn't even know such a place existed whenever they announced where the events would take place. I mean if you're going to go to Russia, why not go to nice, CLEAN cities like Moscow or St. Petersburg? Sochi is indeed not well known because I had a friend of mine say, "Sochi, does that stand for South Chicago?" Second, this city was obviously not prepared or even equipped to handle such a large scale event as the stinkin' Olympics. On Twitter and Buzzfeed, there have been numerous articles, hashtags, and pictures released claimed just how bad the accommodations have been for our world class athletes. If you do not believe me, type #sochifails on Twitter and see just what I am talking about.
If you want to have a relaxing day at the spa, you have to put it together yourself.
That is some world class hotel room decorating right there.
Sochi likes their water like the color of their medals.


So instead of me being excited about winning another gold medal or someone breaking another record, I look forward to the new pictures posted of pee-colored water, WiFi routers hanging out of walls, and toilets that have no barrier. USA! USA! USA!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment